[ANNOUNCE] node-red-contrib-msg-profiler: 1.0.0 beta

1. I tried this morning my node for the first time on my camera flow, and it was within a few seconds clear in which node my performance bottleneck was located:

Seems that one of my new (video surveillance related) nodes is not ready for production yet :wink:
    I just love this kind of monitoring tools :partying_face: :clinking_glasses: :champagne:

2. But there is still an issue, because some of my nodes have multiple send events for a single output message :frowning_face:. Don't see immediately a bug in my code. Will need to investigate further tonight.

3. I have now also added a section about using line charts on my readme page. That way you can easily see timing variations over time. In the provided example flow you see for example that a timer in NodeJs isn't always executed at exactly the same interval (which is not obvious for some users):

profiling_a_timer

4. And I have also added a section on the readme, about using a profile to have live monitoring of the performance of your Node-RED system. And trigger alerts if a performance bottleneck is occuring:

As mentioned before: don't hesitate to provide some feedback here (about use cases, and so on...). That is the only way we can learn which features are needed. Then we can determine more easily afterwards how to fit this kind of stuff e.g. in the Node-RED debugger, or somewhere else perhaps... I would like to learn for example how this kind of stuff would fit into a sidebar, like the Node-RED editor...

Now back to the familly stuff...
Have a nice weekend !!!

2 Likes