Announce: node-red-contrib-ui-heatmap (beta release)

Hey @DragonPigGQ,
You can see in the screenshot version 2.0.0 which is the older version from npm. You need to install the new 2.1.0 version via the above command.
Bart

Hey Bart,

I have installed the new 2.1.0 version, however still nothing shows up :frowning:

Hmm, are you still getting the same error in your log? Could you also have a look at your Node-RED dashboard version (which you can find in your Node-RED startup log). You need at least dashboard version 2.10.0, since older versions don't support custom UI nodes...

Yeah, i still have the same error :(, my dashboard version is 2.15.2. I think i will try to reinstall the node-red and see how it goes.

Just to make sure you have installed my 2.1.0 version in the correct folder (and avoiding Node-RED is still executing the previous version). When you open the config screen, do you see the new 'Background' property:

If that is ok, do you perhaps see some errors in your browser console log?

Hi Bart,
Once again thanks for the help!

I do not have this new background property, i can only set the background colour.

Morning @DragonPigGQ,
So Node-RED is still using the old 2.0.0 version of the heatmap node (from NPM), although you have installed my new 2.1.0 version (from Github). There are others users on this forum that are much more experienced with those problems... I think you have installed my new version in the wrong directory (so the old version is not overwritten). Don't know on which system you are running, but on linux you have to install it like this:

cd $HOME/.node-red
npm install bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-ui-heatmap

P.S. And of course refresh your browser screen, otherwise the old config screen will still be displayed...

Hi Bart,

I have installed the new version 2.1.0. But it still didn't work, i am going to reinstall the node-red and see how! Will update u the result later.

But how exactly have you installed it ? Node-RED is running fine no need to reinstall that.

Hi dceejay,
Sorry i am pretty new to node-red,
i had used this guide to install my node red.

thethingbox powered by node-red

Oh... the recommended method is to follow the docs - https://nodered.org/docs/hardware/raspberrypi
:slight_smile:

I installed node-red with raspbian SD card image , and the heat map finally shows :smile:. I think why i encountered the error was because i was using TheThingBox powered by node-red, which doesn't support custom dashboard or something. Once again, thank you BartButenaers and dceejay for the help, I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Thanks. As soon as I will be able to test I'll give you my feedback

Version 2.1.0 is published on NPM, and available on flows.nodered.org:

3 Likes

Dear @BartButenaers

The module looks exactly like what I need but whenever I use the heatmap node in Node-RED I receive the following error:

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'push' of undefined"

I didn't connect any nodes to it. Only by dragging it to the canvas and depoying it. That's it.
My Node-RED runs on the IBM Cloud. Should be up to date tho. I use version 2.1.1.

Would love to use your node since it's amazingly looking!

Evening Raphael (@Rtholl),
When search through the above discussion, you will find the same identical error. At the end it seemed he had installed my node incorrectly.

I'm not familiar with IBM cloud... Did you install my node via the manage palette menu, via command line or another way?
Bart

And which version of node.js is it running on ? and which version of node-red-dashboard ?

Thanks for the quick answer. I checked the version again and it is for sure 2.1.1. I do have the new background feature you mentioned above. I installed it via "Manage palette -> install -> node-red-contrib-ui-heatmap" so it comes from npm. I installed it just yesterday so it is your latest version.

@dceejay my dashboard nodes are at version 2.16.3. Node-RED is at version 0.20.8 (hosted in the IBM Cloud).

I even removed the service completely and started from scratch to make sure no other nodes interfere with the heatmap nodes.

That looks all fine too me. You say that you have the new background feature. So I assume that you can show the node's config screen? When/when do you get the error?

I took your "example flow" that you provided here: https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-ui-heatmap

I get the error as soon as I deploy the node. Even if there's only the heat map in the canvas without any other nodes.

The following screenshots should answer your questions?