Beebotte. Nothing showing on channel or dashboard

I am looking for an inexpensive or free cloud based MQTT broker, found Beebotte.

I built a simple Pi CPU temp flow. Debug shows temp OK, but there's nothing showing at the Beebotte end.
MQTT node shows disconnected when flow initiated, is that normal behaviour?

[{"id":"c09fa8b6a33f5ce7","type":"tab","label":"Flow 2","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"f9c23d23.c8c24","type":"exec","z":"c09fa8b6a33f5ce7","command":"vcgencmd measure_temp","addpay":false,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","winHide":false,"oldrc":false,"name":"Raspberry CPU Temperature","x":440,"y":60,"wires":[["a0ad4644.0efbf8"],[],[]]},{"id":"a0ad4644.0efbf8","type":"function","z":"c09fa8b6a33f5ce7","name":"Extract CPU Temp","func":"const re = /^temp=(.*)'C$/gm;\nmsg.payload = Number(msg.payload.replace(re, '$1'));\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":810,"y":40,"wires":[["8317134.cff18f","1447e421761f79c5"]]},{"id":"a97d78fc.40c268","type":"inject","z":"c09fa8b6a33f5ce7","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"60","crontab":"","once":true,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payloadType":"date","x":150,"y":60,"wires":[["f9c23d23.c8c24"]]},{"id":"8317134.cff18f","type":"debug","z":"c09fa8b6a33f5ce7","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":1070,"y":140,"wires":[]},{"id":"1447e421761f79c5","type":"mqtt out","z":"c09fa8b6a33f5ce7","name":"cputemp","topic":"cputemp","qos":"","retain":"true","respTopic":"","contentType":"","userProps":"","correl":"","expiry":"","broker":"8e908f158b20c915","x":1070,"y":340,"wires":[]},{"id":"8e908f158b20c915","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"c09fa8b6a33f5ce7","name":"","broker":"mqtt.beebotte.com","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"protocolVersion":"4","keepalive":"0","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","birthMsg":{},"closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","closeMsg":{},"willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":"","willMsg":{},"sessionExpiry":"","credentials":{}}]

The Beebotte API and Secret Key are not used anywhere.
Is it correct that you only use the Beebotte channel token as security, in the MQTT node username filed?

Thank you.

Have you read thru the Beebotte MQTT Support?

Yes, and in combination with reply 6 in this thread I thought I'd done everything required.

Can you take a screen shot of your MQTT node's configuration as is shown in the writeup by @dynamicdave like he shows in step four.

Make sure to obfuscate the username in the 'Security' tab image. If you don't want to show the images in public, you can send them directly to me by clicking on my name and sending a message.

Hope this is what you're looking for. I included debug to show it's working to some extent.

Security with token redacted

Yes that is what I wanted to see. Does the mqtt node show that it is connected or disconnected?

I'm going to play with this but I've promised my wife I'd take her out for breakfast so it will be an hour or two before I get back to you.

It shows connected, but as soon as I trigger the flow, it shows disconnected for a few seconds before showing connected again.

From node-red-log

24 Oct 12:09:10 - [info] Started flows
24 Oct 12:09:10 - [info] [mqtt-broker:BB1] Connected to broker: mqtt://mqtt.beebotte.com:1883
24 Oct 12:09:16 - [info] [mqtt-broker:BB1] Disconnected from broker: mqtt://mqtt.beebotte.com:1883
24 Oct 12:09:31 - [info] [mqtt-broker:BB1] Connected to broker: mqtt://mqtt.beebotte.com:1883

Enjoy your breakfast, and thank your for your help! :slight_smile:

Is your topic the name of your channel in Beebotte? if not try using that

Ah, now that seems to keep it connected, but still nothing at the BB end.

Here's a link to the BB dashboard

Add a mqtt-in node with the same information and attach a debug node to it. Then you can see if the data is being sent

That would seem to be OK

Well that is good, the msg is being sent to BeeBotte and received back. So your issue is doing something on BeeBotte.

What did you setup on BeeBotte to display a graph?

Here are my Beebotte settings

Channel:

Dashboard:

I've been playing with the BeeBotte dashboard and I also have not been able to get the graph to display.

That's interesting in itself, hopefully someone else will pick up on this.

It's a shame Beebotte have no support forum of their own :-/

I wonder how much more user-friendly cloudmqtt is for $5 a month?
I do really though need to keep this as cost free as possible.

Thank you for your help.

I have a number of Beebotte channels that work just fine.
@zenofmud and myself have shared data, via Beebotte, for a number of our projects.
They are mostly weather station readings that are taken every 15-mins, so well within the daily BB limit.

I must admit I've not tried to "see" the results of posting data to the BB dashboard.

Ohhh, I made a tiny bit of progress

When defining the Widget (a gauge) I had to specify the Channel and a Resource. In this case I set the Resource to 'data'. y Channel is 'wsremote'.
In the MQTT-out object I then used a topic 'wsremote/data' and got the following result.

As you can see it is showing [object Object] but I'm note sure what that means :confused:

The gauge can only use the payload as a number

Problem is I sent a number. And I have an MQTT-in node the shows it as a number.

This gauge is on a BeeBotte dashboard, not a NR dashboard.

ah right - over to them then :-)...