ChatGPT does Node-RED

To be fair @BartButenaers :joy:

All of this is what most people will forget as they get excited by the latest thing that they think will solve all of their problems for them.

I'm already using it though - sparingly - to help when I can't quite get my head round some prose or when I need to search for an answer that my google foo isn't getting for me. It can be really effective at breaking that mental deadlock. And small amounts of generic prose can help with some reports. But larger amounts of text from it mostly seem to be really obviously generated. OK for a quick glance but not for a detailed analysis.

On the subject of Google searches though - has anyone else noticed how poor they are now in some areas? There has been a real uptick of it providing obviously commercial output and it does far too much interpretation of what you actually ask for. It has been driving me mad for a while now. Didn't used to be like that. I've even taken to starting to use other search engines to get round the problem. In some cases, it is now as bad as the Amazon search.

I would in this case prefer that he would just answer: Sorry Bart, I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about :wink:

1 Like

I Couldn't agree more!
I tend to use the likes of Duck Duck these days - at least they appear to be unbiased with their content.

He!?

They got you :wink:

My policy for years has been to ungoogle.

• Never use Chrome browser.
  • Never permit 3rd party cookies.
  • Duckduckgo search engine.

My main email is stuck with gmail though! Google, whose "Never be evil" warrant canary fell off it's perch years ago, gets to read all of my emails.

I went to sign up for ChatGPT but backed out when it demanded my email address. I think it rejected a disposable duck.com address?

1 Like

I may be slightly off-topic, but...

My Pihole is extremely strict with that regard (about 13-15 host list files), I setup unbound along with it also - Trust No one is my approach :sweat_smile:

I have A Unifi setup at home, and my IoT + Guest network also block on various resources. (my IoT & Guest network may as well be coming from planet Zorg)

I use Pihole and unbound too. ATM it's broken because I tested something for another thread on here. :fearful:

Normally though and I'm not sure if it's Pihole, Firefox or my browser add-ons i can watch youtube with no adverts at all!

That is, until Nick uncovers all the sites we visit :wink:

I think people expect too much magic from this system, while it is still being trained.

I see many examples of folks giving their limited - non-exact linguistically prompts, expecting the world and don't give feedback back to the system and then complain that it doesn't work, while that is essential for the model to "learn", it is a "chat", ie. conversational. The model is trained with tokenizers and it can understand context, but if the sentence doesn't make sense, wrong output will be produced too, ie. garbage in, garbage out. (not dismissing your experience, could very well be that it does not know anything about jmespath, or only the available methods).

Great source of info here about his model.

1 Like

I dropped chrome ages back. I've also got our organisation to drop it too.

Blocked - and a fair few other types blocked too thanks to AdGuard.

Haha, I've been doing that for years thanks to a browser extension called "Enhancer for YouTube".

1 Like

You might consider this cheating or being lazy... it certainly increased my productivity in cutting some code.

Over the weekend I was working on creating a flow to handle Telegram keyboard responses from a set of mobile phones. Once a week I tutor a couple of my grandsons and one of their friends by offering them Computer Science revision sessions.

The idea is when I pose a question to them, they can "buzz-in" with their mobile phone if they know the answer and Alexa will announce who was first. At the moment I get them to tap the table (and then have to determine who was first). Anyway, it's a simple idea and a fun-way to engage with them.

My development environment was Node-RED and ChatGPT running in two windows in my browser.

It was great as I could ask ChatGPT about syntax for constructs I rarely use (rather than having to look it up in a book or go find my cryptic notes). I could even cut-n-paste code from ChatGPT directly into, say, a function node in Node-RED. I'm sure this increased my productivity by shortening the development time.
buzz_in_v3
Just added another command to define which Alexa will be the voice-destination.
e.g. /alexa,<device_name>

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.