[EDIT] Displays if a new Node-Red update is available online, and update it from the Dashboard

However, the Exec Node is causing some headache. When the update+topic node is passing the command

npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red

It fails because the user account node-red does not have the neccessary access rights to perform an update when NR is running in a docker container.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve that?

The flow gets a "no response from server" on the first http request node. This is caused by hardcoding the IP address as 192.168.1.54

@cymplecy Simon: This is the reason it shows you need to update even if you are on the latest release. By putting the IP of the device that is running NR here, it will not indicate you need to update.

@SuperNinja If you were to add in the node node-red-contrib-ip, you could automatically get the IP of the device running NR and then add a change node
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 5.32.36 AM

You could also use an exec node with 'ifconfig' but then you would have to parse the output to get the IP address. Or you could add a comment node telling people to change the IP.

I - personally - like the use of the IP node becasue then you don't need to worry about manually changing the flow when puttoing it on a device.

@zenofmud I would like to modify my flow as you said but I cannot, there is no longer the pencil to modify image
However, it is not yet closed, there are 16 days left.(or else I didn't see something)

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.