Editor Theme Option in Settings.js

Respecting Concerned One,

Is there an example settings.js code snipped along with desired output of setting up editor theme using settings.js?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Muhammad Rohan Ali Asmat

0 Likes

Editor Theme covers lots of things. Was there something in particular you were interested in?

0 Likes

Hi @knolleary,

Currently If I am setting the theme using the Node-RED GUI, the theme does not persists with exporting of flows. I think that is intended behaviour of Node-RED Envoirnment.

I was looking for something if I can persist the customized theme using the Node-RED GUI, or if there is a css template node with defaults that we can use globaly across every instance of Node-RED to persist the theme.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Muhammad Rohan Ali Asmat

0 Likes

The flow contains the definition of the application that is running. The editor and it's theme are managed separately by the theme in the settings.js file - so you would need to copy that to everyone also... (but not any credentials you may have in there).

1 Like

We don't provide a template, but others have created custom themes you can probably learn from. A Dark-Theme for Node-RED here!

1 Like

Respected @dceejay, @knolleary,

Thank you for your replies, yes actually I was looking for the content to be pasted in setting.js for themes!
Actually I was looking for something simple, link a css code snippet to paste that maps against arguments of Node-RED custom theme settings input fields! Maybe that can be even added as comments in the settings.js?

I will have a look on the link provided!

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Muhammad Rohan Ali Asmat

0 Likes