Exec node - trying to pass command to virtual environment

Yes, I have done exactly that with my test rig which has 2 downlights, an original A1000, the LIFX switch and an in-line switch that lets me simulate power-fails.

Agreed, each install will have it’s own issues. The Mylight ones look great – if I do add some I would consider having the builder create 90mm square wall cavities that let me mount them flush – I would also run some in-wall cable around to power them with 3v so that battery replacement isn’t an issue. Thanks for the links, I was going to ask about the ESPB266. Now I am really off topic!

They also have equivalent units you can mount in the place of a normal switch. Only thing that might be an issue is that the range of the NRF24L01 radios aren't very good (like any 2.4GHz radio) so if you have a huge house you might need several of these gateways. One covers our 75m2 apartment quite well. If you consider trying these out, send me a PM first and I can recommend a good NRF radio module and a good AliExpress seller (not the same as I linked, used this one just because it happened to have both devices I use in the same picture).

Edit: for completeness sake. Here's the ones that are installed in place of normal switches: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32830377497.html (this is also a seller I've bought Milight/Mi-boxer products several time and the service has been excellent)

... and this is the good quality shielded NRF radio module to attach to an ESP8266: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33013542366.html (Note: I bought from another seller but the module doesn't seem to be available there anymore)

Hi, I couldn’t work out how to PM you on the forum so perhaps you could initiate that. I will order a few of the Milight components and an radio. The ESP8266 is readily available here.

Alan Williamson +61 411 407 777

Victoria, Australia

2F0D69C78C454067B142C5ECB3B11BA7.jpg

click on someone's image icon and you should get a pop-up with a "message" button/link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.