Help with making a volume gui widget with no html knowledge

If you were going to move the sensor from the PI to another device i would recommend a NodeMCU/ESP8266 running either Tasmota or ESPEasy (i use Tasmota on 4 of these units and it works perfectly)

Craig

Will I still have an issue with the steam throwing off the measurements? Or will it be more reliable>

I have no idea - are you using the waterproof version of the sensor ?

I have one of my units in a warm tank but it does not have to contend with steam.

I have another unit that after heavy rain has water condense on the sensor and this throws it out until it dries out.

Craig

Yes, I'm using the water proof sensors, I also have placed about 35cm away from top.
Also I noted after 29 percent anything under that gets a bogas reading, . I'm assuming because of there is a cone effect, and it's hitting the sides of the vessel.

I chose these instead of pressure sensor due to the fact I have direct fire under the kettle and the flame would burn the wires at best.

So you have raised the sensor above the open top of the drum ?

I tried that with my ones and had a lot of problems with weird readings - when i researched i found many people in similar situations.

The reason tat they have a dead spot (at arund 20cm) is that they are an all in one transducer - they have to turn on the current to the sender, and then turn it off and turn on the receiver for the bounce back - this takes a finite amount of time which due to the speed of sound equates to about 20cm.

I tried to raise mine off the top of my tank by screwing them into a 4 inch PVC pipe - but they returmed even more weird results due to the reflections from the side of the pipe walls.

Make sure you have the ones that are for 3.3v not 5v (i believe it is the V2) as the RpI outputs are only 3.3v and you will get weird readings also.

Craig

The ones I have are 5 volt, I made the step down with resistors so I don't fry the pi, here's my circuit board,
It works good for making sure I don't over fill the kettles, but doesn't show when empty because of bouncing off the walls.

The final product desired is to have accurate readings to calculate flow rate and to ensure my mash out transfer is automated for less worry and to allow be to multi task without fear of ice filing or draining out of mash to fast.
So far the flow example that was shared with me made this easy to get where it can be at the moment.
I need to connect it to my other kettle that is bigger capacity (330 gallons instead of 204)
And see if I have the same issues or different issues.

So far I am very pleased how this is working and can't wait to progress.
Cheers and thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.