Homekit-Service node: Invalid payload type: number

The problem is that we don't understand what is the difficulty. The node information that you posted tells you how to structure the message you need to send it, or is it that you don't understand enough about that node to know what information to give it? If that is the problem then you need someone who understands homekit rather than someone who understands node-red.
In fact you have not actually told us what you are trying to achieve.

It can sometimes be confusing at the start of learning a new system, don't give up, we really do want to help. No question is too simple, just ask. And if your native language is not English it is also not a problem, it's always possible to find a solution - we all speak node-red :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Search for homekit and homebridge-mqtt in the forum.

Hej!

• Yep I did found the solution. I started from to begining and found it. Cables where on the Wrong GPIO

:slight_smile:

-lm-

1 Like

Hello together,

I use different applications at my PI4 (Homebridge, Phoscon / Zigbee Gateway, Node-RED). Everything works good and I'm very happy. But, I would like to use Node-RED for some special sensors from the cloud. My issue is that the HomeKit plugin wants the following object: Characteristic time cannot be written. Try one of these: Name, CurrentTemperature, StatusActive, StatusFault, StatusLowBattery, StatusTampered, Name

My object from the cloud looks:

type: "TA2105-1"

time: "2021-01-06T20:34:33.634Z"

series: "Series-310-377"

value: 38.5

unit: "Ā°F"

source: "6487120"

I need a translation for my function. Hopefully anyone could help me.

1 Like

Hej!

• Interesting I like to know that 2

-lm-

It was not pretty easy, because the Node-RED script is not equal to Javascript.

msg.payload = {"CurrentTemperature" = msg.payload.value }

return.msg;

At this script, you take the value from the source and create a new object for "HomeKit".

If you have any questions, please fell free to ask me.

That isn't valid javascript. Perhaps you meant
msg.payload = {"CurrentTemperature": msg.payload.value }

My mistake :frowning:
Thanks for the adjustment Colin