Linux vs. Windows injecting buffer values

Take a clone of the repository, update the text and submit a pull request. That gets reviewed, updates if needed then hopefully accepted and it will be in the next release.

Bit complex the first time if you've not done one but GitHub have great documentation.

the source (for english) is here - node-red/20-inject.html at master Ā· node-red/node-red Ā· GitHub

Just to add context, 0x10 is absolutely valid as a JavaScript number without the quotes.

The fact is however, the buffer TypedInput requires a JSON array of numbers. JSON does not support 0x10 style encoding of numbers. To use that syntax they have to be provided as strings - hence the need for quotes in the TypedInput

1 Like

@knolleary ,
I had no idea that my frustration with Inject node syntax would bring out the "big guns".

For me, it is a matter of understanding what the nodes will take and what they won't. When you're in the middle of working on a non-user-friendly printer and trying to send it a simple command, I wanted to send it a basic command easily to test it. Not so simple...

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.