Media source extension video player for live streaming mp4

Ok. From what I remember - apart from the mp4 complexity itself of course - the main problem was to get my SVG drawing correctly on top of the video. When you look at the first screenshot in this discussion, you will see exactly why I loved to have that so much!!

Yes it is out-of-the-box functionality. If you want to share your media source code, I can try to integrate it into my camera-viewer UI node. It is your call ...

That is so weird. I had severe problems when displaying multiple camera images at once. That is the reason why I developed the node-red-contrib-multipart-stream-encoder node at the time being: when you pull data simultaneously for N camera's that works fine, but if you push it the whole dashboard became unresponsive...

The Node-RED dashboard also uses socket.io as you can see here in the code. So that is good news I assume, because it should be able to work without getting unresponsive. Since it works outside of Node-RED, it might be useful that we start analyzing the problem... Because pushing allows us to keep the flows very simple, compared to pulling.

1 Like