MQTT Homie Convention Node - questions about usage

Agree. I will respond to further to your post above. But on related topic - as you know from other posts under Proejcts I made probably a year +, this project I have - on Github (not the cod yet), has had a previous incarnation - I build my own standard - before I kno abotu Homie - a Yaml file that also configures all. For a year - as I added devices (including RF) - the wheels started coming off the standard I thought would work. I then even included some concepts of Apple's approach (although the data model is far too complex for one person to replicate) Then I learnt about Homie - and its pretty dam close to what I need - specially with the way I have extended it now.

The thing that took me longest - was to translate the interactions - into storage into global context. I unfortunately completed it before @Christian-Me published his nodes - maybe one day I stil will look if I can replace mine with his.

I must still do a write-up on the data model - but here is a quick view @ it - and the best way I could do internal storage with a big json mapping of all of it + my extentions - so that I can interact with it from different inputs - both mqtt and CoAP and others, and Report from it - and maybe it was my limited knowledge of how to interact with a json mixed arrays and objects - but so be it - it works.

Above is what I did - and what my internal storage looks like - could also publish a sample json. I now have objects which creates from yaml files, or from homie mqtt, updates via mqtt, or CoAP, and push out BI to an http RESTful endpoint - I am starting to use these for other purposes. Nicely standadised - easy and fast to implement new funcitonality.