MQTT - Single button press - multiple different actions (in order/sequence)

You need to remember last state. for this there are several solutions. The easiest (for me) is a function node...

[{"id":"75f941daf629c2ba","type":"inject","z":"219b0be6.926804","name":"fake button","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"true","payloadType":"bool","x":1570,"y":320,"wires":[["bcc8bbbf106ec10f"]]},{"id":"bcc8bbbf106ec10f","type":"function","z":"219b0be6.926804","name":"colour cycle","func":"/**** colour list - update as required *****/\nconst colours = [ \n    \"red\", \n    \"blue\", \n    \"green\",\n];\n\n/**** dont change *****/\nlet colour = context.get(\"colour\"); //restore last colour\ncolour = colour == null ? 0 : colour + 1;//inc colour\nif(colour >= colours.length) {\n    colour = 0;\n}\nmsg.payload = colours[colour];\ncontext.set(\"colour\", colour); //store last colour\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":1730,"y":320,"wires":[["fc3d23dad0eccca5"]]},{"id":"fc3d23dad0eccca5","type":"debug","z":"219b0be6.926804","name":"","active":false,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":true,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","statusVal":"payload","statusType":"auto","x":1750,"y":360,"wires":[]}]

↑ Flow to import (CTRL+I)

PS, as a new user, I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.