Need a means to protect my source code

OK thanks for the detailed description. I then assume you use (the free NR sw) in a (non-free) commercial solution?

This one looks promising! thanks :slight_smile:

For those considering a commercial application of Node-Red, I should re-highlight Nebula here....

For anyone who wants a virtually installation-free, encrypted distribution of processes based on Node-Red flows, Nebula provides a single executable, and server based control of the flows that run within that executable.

Everything is both delivered encrypted and encrypted on disk.

It IS a commercial product - we developed it because of our love of NodeRed as an environment to both deliver in and deploy in. We've been using it in the media industry in production for over 3 years, and it's not let us down. Our focus at Yella Umbrella is on our own vertical market - but we strongly recognise requirement by others for:
1/ Code protection.
2/ Native addons.
3/ flexible pricing for 'processes' (flows).

Nebula DOES require an always-on internet connection (not saying we won't discuss; just we've had no problems with this approach).

As examples of what we're currently doing with Nebula, we've got Nebula 'Devices' which run on Windows, Mac, Linux, processes on 'Devices' can depend upon (for example):
ffmpeg executables
Tensorflow (tfjs)
Opencv (opencv4nodejs)
(some lovely private stuff or ours!).
(we currently have some 30 or so 'dependencies' which are raw nodejs, and downloaded if a flow depends on them - all still encrypted except for local addon binaries and dependencies of them).

Examples of our processes include:
A local backend server for a comprehensive media front end in Chrome.
Local file processing.
A set of flows which when combined, create an ec2/s3 media ecosystem.
Media conversion.
Soon - applying tfjs models to media, audio and images.

We have devices running as few as two processes, and other running as many as 20.

Charges? Everything we provide is pay-per-use, with 10 incrementing counters per process, each counter having a price. 'Prices' are flexible to the degree that you can charge per counter increment, per counter tick in a period (day, month, quarter, year), etc.
'Prices' are also split up to three ways - some for us, some for you, some for your backer?
We feel charging only when something is actually used to be the fairest system....

so.. if this sounds of interest, google 'Nebula Yella Umbrella', and get in touch and let's chat. We feel it's special, just like Node-Red is special, so we don't want to keep it to ourselves if it solves a whole load of issues for someone else - but the application has to 'fit'.
We're not currently marketing Nebula for other purposes (we have enough to do), but we're also not unwilling to share with the right people for the right purposes and at the right pricing.

best regards,

Simon

I found this SD card solution interesting.

I tested this solution.
I had everything in an environment that worked with NodeRed + Mosquitto + InfluxDB + Grafana on raspberry Pi.
I switched everything to an OrangePi Pc+ and its EMMC memory, moreover I took the opportunity to put everything under Docker.
This makes it even more difficult to steal code and data since everything is in containers.
It's a good plan.

2 Likes