No data Recevied with MQTT IN

Technically you're right. But I think it is not correct word. No problem, I am here to find the answer and learn my mistake.

I'll definetely check out it. Thanks.

I'm sure because python script works in my PC. Packets are there. I trigger publishing in my ESP32.

I published this ...

4 minutes ago & it has not changed.

So no, your data is not reaching EMQX

Yes indeed, we all start out as beginners and there is nothing foolish about learning something new.

What I have learned today about the emqx broker is that I can publish and subscribe to a topic without any username/password authorisation.
I think that is why you are seeing "works for me" messages in your flow, because @Steve-Mcl or someone else has published them.
It is probably essential for security to use a broker which does offer authentication, I'm not clear if emqx does that.

However, if I was using emqx while learning about MQTT, I would use a topic something like long_and_complicated_word/CAN/data (without a leading / ) because my topic would not be visible to someone who subscribed to /#

1 Like

Thanks a lot @jbudd @Steve-Mcl @ghayne @zenofmud . It seems there was a "topic name" problem. I have left using / at the start and #. I have changed topic name on ESP32 as well. Now I can get publish messages on node-red platform.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.