Node-red-contrib-modbus, problem with modbus serie

Can you repeat the test but first stop Node-red and start it again by using the command
DEBUG=contribModbus* node-red -v

This will tell the Modbus nodes to print a more detailed step-by-step log of every action in the Terminal
Maybe this can give some clues of what is happening (DEBUG)

Dear Unborn, thank you for your contribution, it seems that the nodes miscalculate the CRC, here is the screenshot of the error reading 14 records in a message:

contribModbus:queue:core queue serial lock command node name: undefined id: 2b558b491bee4c8a +3s
contribModbus:queue:core sequential de-queue command +2ms
contribModbus:queue:core queue serial unlock command node name: undefined id: 2b558b491bee4c8a +41ms
contribModbus:queue:core queue serial unlock command node name: undefined id: 2b558b491bee4c8a +2ms
contribModbus:flex:getter CRC error +3s
contribModbus:basics CRC error +3s

Maybe this issue from the modbus Node's Github page is related to your problem.
Unable to read more than 10 - 12 addresses with Modbus Read / Modbus Flex Read when using RTU #239

There its mentioned that what worked for them is using RTU-BUFFERED instead of RTU in the modbus client configuration.

2 Likes

Dear Unborn, that has been the problem, I have tested it and it works perfectly, reading as RTU BUFFERED. I thank you for helping me and I apologize for not having found the solution on github on my own, it seems like I have hours left in the day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.