Question for evaluation rfxcom-out

As yet we haven't managed to determine how to tell which key has been sent.

1 Like

Now I can paste your flow into Node-RED, I think I can see the problem: it is not the bug we found yesterday, because the hex code 0x415530 does not contain any of the characters a-f.

Instead, you have not enabled message filtering on the rfx-PT2262-in node, so it is responding to all data values. Only the intended hex code will generate a message with your selected topic redbutton & payload on, but all other data values will still generate output messages containing the raw data. In turn, your function node will send the 'on' command to your MiLight for every data value.

You need to enable message filtering in the rfx-PT2262-in node, so that it only responds to messages with the redbutton topic:

With this change, I think you will no longer need your function node, as the message payload will be on directly fro the rfx-PT2262-in node

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hello Maxwell,

I had already tried this. But the value "redbutton" is marked red and the node has a red triangle.

redbuttonred

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you very much for your help and patience!

It seems the Address must start with PT2262/ - I had forgotten about that. You need to change redbutton to PT2262/redbutton, both on this screen and in the Topic field of the device list entry for your data value.

On the help screens, I say that topics should start with PT2262/. I will change this to must!

2 Likes