Uibuilder: Component Design + Example Components

Not at all, Dashboard is a separate set of nodes maintained largely by Dave (for the core stuff). Nothing to do with me at all :smiley:

Indeed.

I do.

I will continue to repeat that uibuilder and Dashboard serve somewhat different use-cases. Dashboard requires minimal coding knowledge to produce a decent page with lots of data-driven components. But, to deliver that ease of use, it restricts what you can do somewhat and ties you to the Angular v1 framework. uibuilder has no restrictions but requires you to write front-end code though it is often surprising how little you actually need.

I will continue to work on ways to reduce the amount of code that people need to write but to get it down to the same level of Dashboard will require a better programmer that I with more time to focus. I believe it to be possible and I have ideas that I'm more than happy to share. But I don't have the time, skills or inclination to complete that part I'm afraid. However, I will happily work with anyone who wants to do that part.

Until then, I will continue to make incremental changes as I will be doing in uibuilder v3 which has some (very basic) further integrations specifically for VueJS (still without tying you in) to enable both data and configuration for Vue components to be easily delivered direct from Node-RED with zero code.

Dashboard continues to follow its own excellent path.

1 Like

indeed not - though of course as with all things internet, at some point (currently Dec 2021) Angular 1 will become end of life and "something will have to be done" :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.