UIBUILDER - Dummies guild to using uiBuilder

Hi folks.

I am keen on getting to use uibuilder, but their WIKI is rather difficult to fathom.

Is there an alternate source on information on how to utilise the uibuilder; someting for bummies like me.

I am not a front-end programmer, so I am looking for a step-by-step guide, please.

Many thanks for any pointers.

I am not a front-end programmer,

This may become a roadblock, in order to use vue, you will need to understand the concepts of html/css and javascript. There are many resources online, i learn a lot from traversy media on youtube, he has awesome tutorials about all those subjects, from simple to more advanced.

It got a bit out of hand over the years :slight_smile:

Have you tried the examples in the library?

The best way to learn is by doing. Read through the examples, play with them by adding a few of your own bits and pieces to see how it all fits together.

There isn't a step-by-step guide for a very good reason. uibuilder itself is mostly a conduit for communicating between Node-RED as a server managing data flows and your front-end web code.

A basic uibuilder flow is 3 nodes long (see the examples) and the basic front-end code is a couple of dozen lines (see the "simple" example).

The skills lie in writing front-end code. uibuilder lets you use standard web development tools. So to learn, you should pick a simple web tutorial for VueJS and follow that.

Thank you.

I will have to learn.

Many thanks

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Please see the first part of a simple walkthrough in this thread:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.