Weird behaviour when processing an array of arrays having null values

[quote="janvda, post:18, topic:28615, full:true"]

I have got feedback for the issue.

In summary: JSONata expects JSON as input and as a sparse array is not proper JSON so its behaviour is undefined - which all makes sense to me.

I am pretty happy with the excel node ( I was actually amazed that it worked so well). Note that returning an array of objects instead of an array of arrays would also complicate my processing (jsonata is very powerful when dealing with arrays).

For me I am happy to live with the work around =

• filling the gaps in sparse arrays by running it through 2 json nodes before feeding it into a change node with jsonata expressions.

OK, all of this is predicated on not having too large a workbook anyway I guess. Some of the workbooks I get to handle can be hard to process in Excel itself let alone trying to manhandle (sorry, personhandle) it into node or running the data back and forth into and out of JSON :smile:

That is where PowerShell is actually quite useful because of its ability to stream and pipe data more directly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.