Alexa-home node bug

Hi folks,

I'm new to node-RED and just started to do the first steps in this environment.
However I already ran into some trouble with the node mentioned in the topic.

I set up a controller and started it on port 8000 and did a redirect to port 80 via iptable.
Then I added 3 Alexa device nodes and configured them.

The good news is: All devices are recognized from alexa and work so far. I even managed to work with the payload :smiley: and do some nice stuff.

The bad news is: The color-controlled devices work but everytime they are switched to a different color than pure red alexa announces that the device does seem to work not properly.

Another thing is that the range of the hue-value is too big. It should be around 0-360 but is 0-65536.
There's already another post about this on github don't know if this is related.

How can I make Alexa think that everything is ok?

Another thing is that the range of the hue-value is too big. It should be around 0-360 but is 0-65536.

If 0-360 maps to 0-65536, you can use a range node to map these values, i have no knowledge about alexa, i try to keep all those listening companies out of my house.

That sounds pretty sweet. I was thinking of using a function node and just divide it by 182.04.
Another useful feature :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.