[ANNOUNCE] node-red-contrib-chronos 1.9.x

Recently, feature version 1.9.0 and bugfix version 1.9.1 have been released.

In version 1.8.0 I introduced the possibility to dynamically program events of the scheduler node via context variables. But I realized that people might be confused by the introduced way of configuration and I made up my mind how this could be simplified. In most cases, it is probably sufficient to only configure the trigger of a schedule event and have the output statically configured via the configuration page (e.g. when the user should be able to configure the trigger via a Node-RED dashboard UI). Therefore I changed the behavior in version 1.9.0 so that the output remains configurable on the configuration page and only the trigger is provided via context variables in a simpler format. But as I did not want to break existing flows, I kept the possibility to override the output configuration the same way as in v1.8.x and call this now "extended format" of the context variable.

As additonal new feature, the delay until node now supports to override the configured target time via input messages.

1 Like

Nice clear documentation Jens :grinning:

Thank you!

1 Like