[ANNOUNCE] node-red-contrib-msg-resend: version 1.0.0 beta

Hi folks,

My first Node-RED node ever was the node-red-contrib-msg-resend. I have now implemented a series of feature requests, so it has become a rather big makeover. So time for version 1.0.0:

1. The msg.resend_messages allows us to change the resending modus of this node:

• When true , the node will resend all input messages.
    • When false , the node will simply pass-through all input messages (without resending them).
  2. The "Wait for explicit resend_messages=true message" option in the config screen can be used to specify in which modus this node should start: resending or pass-through.

3. It is possible to inject messages that don't obey the current resending mode of this node:

• msg.resend_force : This msg should always be resend, even if the node is in pass-through modus.
    • msg.resend_never : This msg should never be resend, even if the node is in resending modus.
  4. By injecting a message with msg.resend_last_msg , the last previous message (if available) will be processed again by this node.

Note that all those options can be optionally topic dependent.

If anybody wants to test it, you can install the beta from my Github repo from within your .node-red folder:

npm install bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-msg-resend

If I haven't got any feedback in a week, then I assume there are no breaking changes and I will publish this node on NPM...

Bart

4 Likes

So far, I haven't found any errors.
I especially tested the msg.resend_last_msg function.

Hi @softy2k,

Thanks for testing!
Since I don't expect anybody else will do tests, I have published version 1.0.0 on NPM now: