[Announce] node-red-node-ui-microphone

I'm using version 1.0.4 installed by ibm cloud. the red panel version of the node is 2.19.4.
I used the chrome and firefox browser.
there was no error in the browser console.

1 Like

same error... did you solve it?

The error happens if you use the manage palette feature to install the node on IBM Cloud.

You should edit the application's package.json file to add the node instead - https://developer.ibm.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-node-red-starter-application/#step-6-add-extra-nodes-to-your-node-red-palette

This is because if you use the manage palette feature on IBM Cloud, the application has to dynamically reinstall all of your extra nodes whenever the application is restarted. If the microphone node installs before the node-red-dashboard node, then it cannot register itself with the dashboard (the push error you see).

If you add them to package.json instead, then the extra nodes will be preinstalled into the application image that gets run - so everything is in place and it all works.

Hi Nick,

just a short question: is it possible to have your ui_microphone button started from another button, or to have the audio capture started and stoped with values such as true and false?

Thanks in advance,
Philipp

1 Like

I suspect turning microphones on remotely is against all sorts of privacy considerations

1 Like

maybe I expressed myself not as clear as I wanted to...

I don't want to have it turned on remotely, but I want to have the possibility to activate the capturing of audio through another button or a flow to create something like a doorbell.

Like pressing a button to take a picture from a camera and to record the audio

Hope to be a little more clear now

1 Like

In terms of how the browser security model works, having anything other that a direct user interaction on the page is considered 'remote' and is not allowed.

Even a separate button - when the user clicks it, the event triggers a Node-RED flow in the runtime. To start recording, an event needs to come back into the browser - at which point its a 'remote' request that is not tied to the in-browser click event.

thanks for clearing things up for me

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.