Apache v2 licensing help wanted

I am evaluating the use of node-red as a component within a proprietary application. The application will provide subscription based services for my companies clients, and may in the future also be licensed to 3rd party companies to provide services to their clients.

Having read the Apache license (as with any license) my head now hurts!

I will hereby describe what I intend to do, state my assumptions and hope for some guidance:

1. Create custom (red) nodes which execute proprietary code, and which may also include patent-able logic. I assume that any logic and code wrapped inside a node-red node template is not a derivative work, and the terms of the Apache license do not apply?

2. Create a custom storageModule API. I assume that this will be a derivative work and subject to the Apache license?

3. Create a custom editor UI as a VUE.js module which leverages the node-red client API. I assume that this will be a derivative work and subject to the Apache license?

4. Once my proprietary application, of which node-red and derivative works are a component, is complete, I assume that it can be distributed under our copyright and licensing of choice, as long as it identifies the components subject to the Apache license and distributes a copy of this license?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi Michael,
I'm interested in the same info you've asked above. Did you get answers to your questions (outside the forum)? If so can you please share this info in this thread (I think we're not the only two people interested in this topic)?