Beebotte. Nothing showing on channel or dashboard

@Richard238 Do you need to display the information n the BeeBotte dashboard? NR has it's own dashboard.

If you do need to display it on the BeeBtte dashboard you should see if you can get some help from them.

+1 for using the Node-red dashboard, which you are already familiar with.

You might consider a local database rather than the smallish number of retained data at Beebotte.
A lot of people favour Influxdb. I use Mariadb (= MySQL).

And why are you using a cloud based MQTT broker anyway - is the source of the data outside of your own LAN?

Beebotte's support seems limited, I've emailed them, not holding out much hope.

No, it was there so I thought I'd try and use it. How hard can it be??!!

Well after playing with it, all I can reply to your statement is "hahahahahahahaha!!!" (big grin)

1 Like

I have sensors feeding a MySQL db, in turn feeding Grafana.

My Greenhouse

Some Pi stats

Garage door height. the sensor is OK, but sadly the Pi died :frowning:

MQTT seems popular so I thought, let's give that a go, using a cloud broker to save some Pi overhead.

I think I'll stick with MySQL & Grafana

Mosquitto is very lightweight. Unless you are trying to send many hundreds of MQTT messages/second you will not notice the additional resources. So unless you need to use a cloud MQTT broker in order to get access from multiple systems across the internet then don't bother.

Bother I won't!. Off to swot up on Mosquitto

1 Like

I Tested Beebotte mqtt and found that data should be in format as given in their documentation.

• In order to persist a message sent using MQTT, the message payload MUST respect the following JSON format: {"data": object, "write": true}.
  • As stated in the MQTT - Beebotte Bridge section earlier, MQTT messages are private by default. In order to publish a public message the message payload MUST respect the following format: {"data": object, "ispublic": true}

Please refer the documentation on below link:-
https://beebotte.com/docs/mqtt#bridge

Regards,
Prasoon Tewari

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.