BLE detector error

I have a problem to find a BLE scan node and the general nodes I downloaded are not working for me...
I have a Chipolo BLE tag (the one to find your keys using your phone bluetooth) that I want to track from a raspberry pi 4 and use it as a human presence device. The problem I have is that the generic ble node is recognising it, so it is not shown in the scan area (although I see it from my mobile) and the chipolo node is not installing, showing me the following error :

In file included from ../src/BluetoothHciSocket.cpp:8:
../../nan/nan.h: In function ‘void Nan::AsyncQueueWorker(Nan::AsyncWorker*)’:
../../nan/nan.h:2298:62: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘void (*)(uv_work_t*)’ {aka ‘void (*)(uv_work_s*)’} to ‘uv_after_work_cb’ {aka ‘void (*)(uv_work_s*, int)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
     , reinterpret_cast<uv_after_work_cb>(AsyncExecuteComplete)
                                                              ^
../src/BluetoothHciSocket.cpp: In static member function ‘static void BluetoothHciSocket::Init(Nan::ADDON_REGISTER_FUNCTION_ARGS_TYPE)’:
../src/BluetoothHciSocket.cpp:128:82: error: no matching function for call to ‘v8::FunctionTemplate::GetFunction()’
   target->Set(Nan::New("BluetoothHciSocket").ToLocalChecked(), tmpl->GetFunction());
                                                                                  ^
In file included from /home/pi/.cache/node-gyp/12.14.1/include/node/node.h:63,
                 from /hom...```

It seems to fail when compiling the native code for the node. Did you install all prerequisites? That info should probably be in the node's documentation. I can only guess, maybe some header files are missing ("-dev" packages on Debian/Raspbian).

node-red-contrib-chipolo hasn't been updated in over 4 years and the author hasn't;'t been acrive in GitHub since Sept 2018. I'd guess that this is abandoned.

Your choices seem to be:

1. edit the code and fix the underlying issue
  2. try to contact the author and have him fix it
  3. look for another node
  4. wait and hope someone lese will fix the issue.

Thanks for the quick replies! Do you think that something like this "https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-bleacon" might work? Will try it later today and post back... Looks like it's doing what I want...

You mght want to read the issues for that node https://github.com/valerio-vaccaro/node-red-contrib-bleacon/issues

@Panos

Maybe this solution might be of interest. I am running this myself

Thanks everyone... Managed to get things working with Beacon scanner node, but unfortunately chipolo is switching off the broadcast after 2 minutes, for battery saving... Tried to pair it with my phone and thought I could add a ble sniffer to solve it, but it is doing the same thing, so I guess I should move to the direction of changing the beacon with another solution perhaps or an other beacon as @krambriw suggested to his post... Will come back if I find a solution...

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.