Bluetooth testing on Raspberry pi

with this Raspberry Pi are you able to communicate with Different BLE device? instate of Ipad.

Hello,

I am able to communicate & data received.

I have used the same Software LightBlue for Custom Value as my name.

Br,
Devendra

So you have it working? Great!
Some where I have a Bluetooth keyboard no if I can only remember where it is.,,

yes, it is working :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

My observation with Bluetooth node according to version -

1. Bluetooth node-red-contrib-generic-ble version 4.0.3 - tested but not working :slightly_frowning_face:
  • If I used this version for Bluetooth communication sometimes it showed connected but not showing GATT information, Data not receiving & gives error. below screenshot for reference.
  1. Bluetooth node-red-contrib-generic-ble version 3.1.0 - I have used in my application :slightly_smiling_face:
  • It is working. The only one issue with this version it is disconnecting after around 3 minutes & it gives a timeout error. To start again Bluetooth communication I need to restart my node-red, then again it starts communicating & data receiving, again after around 3 minutes it gives the same timeout error. I have to do repeat procedures, need to do restart node-red to establish Bluetooth communication again. Again & Again same issue I am facing.

How to resolved this timeout error?

Br,
Devendra

I would report this to the author on the node's GitHub page. Open an issue there.

Are you sure it is NR or is it bluetooth on the Pi or the iPad? Does the iPad go to sleep?

Thanks, :slightly_smiling_face:

no, not going to sleep. Another node-red flow working continuously, & I already tested this iPad with my Bluetooth headset continuously. on iPad LightBlue App & screen continues ON.

Hello,

I am facing one issue with Bluetooth node-red, this Select from scan result option not enabling.

In docker node-red container after writing command sudo bluetoothctl getting error as below screenshot.

Br,
Devendra

Ohh you are using Docker! That would have been a good thing to mention in the beginning. There could be permission issues going on...unfortunately, I do not have any experience with Docker and will not be able to offer any assistance.

Indeed - the container will require both extra permissions and maybe extra software libraries installed inside it in order to access the hosts hardware.

@dceejay,

What type of extra permission is required & extra software libraries in host hardware, could you please help guide me.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Not sure - I have never done it - maybe this thread will help - linux - Accessing Bluetooth dongle from inside Docker? - Stack Overflow

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.