Breeding tank themperatur control

Hello
I need an idea how to realize my project.
I need to reduce a large amount of water in a breeding tank in a controlled way. The temperature is kept constant at 0.5 Gard by a heater.
I manage this today with a fixed temperature variable, DS18S20 temperature sensor, and a heater

I want to:
*Over the dashboard set the start over a date
*the difference by how the temperature may fall in degre
I have a heater available for switching on and off over MQTT
The current temperature is available to me with MQTT with an accuracy of 0.1 degree

For example
I would like to lower the temperature from 24 degrees to 17 degrees from 5 October. A maximum of only 0.5 degrees per day may be lowered. Theoretically this would take (24-17)/0.5 days. Unfortunately this is not so linear, because on sunny days the temperature of the water rises more than it reduces, so I can not say that the heating must keep the temperature at the new value after reaching the calculated value. The water can rise 1 degree on sunny days without heating and fall several degrees on cold days with rain. This prevents the heating and tries to keep the water always at a given temperature.
Since this is so important, the current information must be cached, whether in a SQL DB or directly on the Raspberry. After a restart, work must continue where it stopped before the failure. This is a very slow process, but must be kept, otherwise the breeding can be damaged.

I'm somehow on the end of my brain and I always get lost in a lot of variables which I read and write from the SQL DB. The whole thing works so badly that I have deleted the whole flow several times and started from scratch. I think I need a completely different approach and hope you can show me a new direction

Initially forget about how you are going to implement it and concentrate on getting a clear, well defined spec of what should happen.
Once you have that then you can worry about how to implement it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.