Bug with node-red-contrib-cron-plus?

Oh please oh please oh please I hope you have found the problem! I will be so happy if you've found it!

Hi @LondonBenji after some extensive trials and logging, I have found and fixed the issue.

V1.5.7 in flows library as of 5 mins ago: node-red-contrib-cron-plus (node) - Node-RED

(note: can take up to 30 mins to appear in node-red palette as an update)

3 Likes

Thanks @UnborN for taking the time to pin point the issue

And thanks @LondonBenji for raising this issue.

Fixed in V1.5.7

2 Likes

Let's goooooooooo!

Will report back in ~36 hours if this has done the trick but the more I think about @UnborN 's findings, the more this makes sense and does in fact match what I was seeing, and explains why I initially said I could see debugs coming out of the Cron-Plus node and not the Call Service nodes, then later on I couldn't see them from either.

See initially I connected the debug node to all of the outputs of Cron-Plus, even the ones I wasn't using (except the last two which are different of course). So the debug node was probably catching it from the 'Solar Midnight' output and has always been working the next day, just from that output which I don't use/have any Call Service nodes connected to.

Later on when I used another debug node and Write File node, I only connected them to the nodes I do use, hence why I stopped seeing debugs, but they were likely still coming from the 'Solar Midnight' output, which also happens to be the last static event output.

So I am very confident you have both nailed this one for me for which I am eternally grateful! Not having to "refresh" Node-Red every 24 hours will be the last main issue I have been having with my Home Assistant setup (the other one was a Z-Wave issue and nothing to do with Node-Red).

Thank you for taking time out of your lives to look into this!

2 Likes

We.

Are.

GOOD!!!!

IT WORKS!!!! Massive thank you to @Steve-Mcl for listening to my insane ramblings and taking the time to troubleshoot/fix the issue!

Another massive thank you to @UnborN for taking my insane rambling and translating it into something the Steve-Mcl could actually use to start troubleshooting!

Thank you soooooo much! You have made my day!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.