Cancelling a trigger node, if input changes

I am sending data from an inject node through a filter node (so its only sent through again if the data changes) to a trigger node.

Once it reaches the trigger node, it instantly sends one bit of data to a database.

10 seconds later, another message is sent to the database.

Is it possible to cancel the trigger node part way through? If the initial input changes?

So if 0 is sent by the inject, the filter will send 'hello' followed up by 'world', 10 seconds after.

If 1 is sent by the inject, the filter will send 'testing' followed up by 'theory', 10 seconds after.

Is it possible for 0 to be injected, then after the first message, 'hello' is sent, 1 is injected, so instead of 'world' it would go to 'testing', 'theory'.

Hope my explanation makes sense.

Thanks in advance

From the help for the trigger node:

If the node receives a message with a reset property, or a payload that matches that configured in the node, any timeout or repeat currently in progress will be cleared and no message triggered.

This might work, though I don't like the look of the 5 second delay node.

I'm not sure it works - unless what I have put inside my msg.reset doesn't match what you have?

However, it works if I move the msg.reset to connect straight to the inject nodes! So thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.