Compare mcp Value with 100

I am currently writing my thesis and I'm new to Node-RED. I have made a PCB, where I get a value from a mcp3008. Now I have a problem, I have build a flow, which works for now, but I have to implement something to compare the mcp3008 value with 100. If the mcp3008 value is over or 100 a "True" should be send. If the value is under 100 a "False" should be send. How can i implement the comparison of the values. Thank you in advance!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I dont mean to sound urm mean :wink: when I say this but this is very basic level stuff. Coupled with the fact you are a student, I think a point in the right direction will help you far more than giving you a fully working answer - hope you dont mind.

First a clue to your requirement: -> switch node -> change node ->

Now the real learning: I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

also, check out all the built in examples CTRL-I:

Thank you for the fast response and the links :grin:

Probably every programming language has an IF statement.

If something, do something

Node-red's IF statement is supplied by the switch node:
If something, send a message down a particular "wire".

Like other languages you can build up more complex IFs

If something or something else send a message down these wires, and if something else send a message down this wire, else down that wire.

The "do something" bit is handled by whatever nodes your switch is wired to.