Compare mcp Value with 100

I am currently writing my thesis and I'm new to Node-RED. I have made a PCB, where I get a value from a mcp3008. Now I have a problem, I have build a flow, which works for now, but I have to implement something to compare the mcp3008 value with 100. If the mcp3008 value is over or 100 a "True" should be send. If the value is under 100 a "False" should be send. How can i implement the comparison of the values. Thank you in advance!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I dont mean to sound urm mean :wink: when I say this but this is very basic level stuff. Coupled with the fact you are a student, I think a point in the right direction will help you far more than giving you a fully working answer - hope you dont mind.

First a clue to your requirement: -> switch node -> change node ->

Now the real learning: I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

also, check out all the built in examples CTRL-I:

Thank you for the fast response and the links :grin:

Probably every programming language has an IF statement.

If something, do something

Node-red's IF statement is supplied by the switch node:
If something, send a message down a particular "wire".

Like other languages you can build up more complex IFs

If something or something else send a message down these wires, and if something else send a message down this wire, else down that wire.

The "do something" bit is handled by whatever nodes your switch is wired to.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.