Connection lost when select an option from dropdown node

Hi all,

I have the following problem: when I select an option from my dropdown node list, I have the message Connection lost.

This is part of the my flow:

[{"id":"f8692ac4f4dadd6c","type":"ui_dropdown","z":"2380dbebb998c1d1","name":"","label":"Aggiornamento STATO","tooltip":"","place":"Select option","group":"ef2301c8f15e8f4a","order":1,"width":8,"height":2,"passthru":true,"multiple":false,"options":[{"label":"","value":"","type":"str"}],"payload":"","topic":"topic","topicType":"msg","className":"","x":1880,"y":680,"wires":[["11f3b9bc3ac5d3f6","dc9b2e03f5cf6950"]]},{"id":"1660a9ca483e580d","type":"MSSQL","z":"2380dbebb998c1d1","mssqlCN":"6fb70e68d89e36c4","name":"","outField":"payload","returnType":"0","throwErrors":"0","query":"SELECT [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO].ID as ID_Scad, [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].CODIFICA\nFROM [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO]\nINNER JOIN  [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature]\nON [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO].ID_STRUM = [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].ID\nWHERE [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].CODIFICA = (@CODIFICA) and STATO IS NULL","modeOpt":"","modeOptType":"query","queryOpt":"","queryOptType":"editor","paramsOpt":"","paramsOptType":"editor","rows":"","rowsType":"msg","params":[{"output":false,"name":"CODIFICA","type":"VarChar","valueType":"msg","value":"payload","options":{"nullable":true,"primary":false,"identity":false,"readOnly":false}}],"x":1220,"y":700,"wires":[["e73936731827d3e6","b8d64552c13ac229"]]},{"id":"427941bfd5b6c2f6","type":"change","z":"2380dbebb998c1d1","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"options","pt":"msg","to":"payload.ID_Scad[]","tot":"jsonata"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1560,"y":760,"wires":[["f8692ac4f4dadd6c","1354333af10e2ca2"]]},{"id":"11f3b9bc3ac5d3f6","type":"change","z":"2380dbebb998c1d1","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"ID_Scad","pt":"flow","to":"payload","tot":"msg"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1930,"y":800,"wires":[["c8cebad2ef48d467","ba69791ba16e0839"]]},{"id":"b8d64552c13ac229","type":"switch","z":"2380dbebb998c1d1","name":"","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"empty"},{"t":"else"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":2,"x":1390,"y":700,"wires":[["203a80f32bfe8454"],["427941bfd5b6c2f6"]]},{"id":"203a80f32bfe8454","type":"change","z":"2380dbebb998c1d1","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"options","pt":"msg","to":"[]","tot":"json"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1560,"y":700,"wires":[["f8692ac4f4dadd6c"]]},{"id":"ef2301c8f15e8f4a","type":"ui_group","name":"Inserimento Stato Tarat./Manut.","tab":"21286fd2ee7bdc0c","order":5,"disp":true,"width":"10","collapse":false,"className":""},{"id":"6fb70e68d89e36c4","type":"MSSQL-CN","tdsVersion":"7_4","name":"DB_Strumentazione","server":"192.168.95.30\\SQLEXPRESS","port":"","encyption":true,"trustServerCertificate":true,"database":"DB_Strumentazione","useUTC":true,"connectTimeout":"","requestTimeout":"","cancelTimeout":"","pool":"","parseJSON":false,"enableArithAbort":true},{"id":"21286fd2ee7bdc0c","type":"ui_tab","name":"Inserimento Date Controllo","icon":"assignment","order":5,"disabled":false,"hidden":true}]

Could you suggest me how to fix this problem?

Thanks

At a guess, whatever happens in your flow AFTER the dropdown changes is crashing node-red (perhaps a loop or bad node)? Difficult to tell without more info.

What do you see in node-red console? Are you getting an unhandled exception?

I don't see any error message.

If I run the flow to local host (to a local PC database and not server connection) I don't see the problem.

Can your node-red instance ping the remote database?

What is the remote database? Is it a SQL SERVER Instance?

Can do a simple flow to SELECT getdate() from from the remote database?

Which MSSQL contrib node are you using (provide a link to it or the full node-red-contrib-xxxx-xxx name of the node)?

I have several connections to SQL server and they work.
It is the only point in the flow where this happens (I was thinking to a lood or bad node as you suggest before).

What I don't understand if it is a flow error it is: why in local I don't have this problem?!

do you mean you have several connections OR several MSSQL nodes that perform SQL against a single connection?

And please answer my questions...

The information is necessary to offer you good advice.

I mean several MSSQL nodes in my flow, but I get the message Connection lost only when I act on the dropdown node I have reported above.

It is SQL server istance

I have not well understood the question: Can your node-red instance ping the remote database?

I use MSSQL node-red-contrib-mssql-plus 0.7.3.

Example: node-red runs on LAPTOP
Remote SQL runs on REMOTE_SQL_COMPUTER

Can LAPTOP ping REMOTE_SQL_COMPUTER

e.g...

What port number is this remote SQL Server instance using AND what PORT number have you input on the MSSQL-Config node?

Ok thanks.

I made the ping to remote SQL IP and it works. The average time of connection is 2 ms.

The port is 2000.

But the point is that, all the MSSQL nodes I have used in my flow have the same properties of connection (port, istance etc), so if the other connections are ok, I'm asking why only this give me a problem?

ok, I just wanted to establish the playing field since you said..

Where do you see "Connection lost" on the MSSQL node or on the dashboard?

Can you add 2 debug nodes (set to show complete msg)
1 before the MSSQL node
1 after the MSSQL node
Fully expand both debug messages and show me what you see.

This is the message of Connection lost:
immagine

It appears when Aggiornamento STATO is selected.

The debug node output:

(it is easier to report this instead of the flow screenshot, is it ok?)

Do you see any errors in the browsers console?

I see only the first image where Connection lost is reported in red. And after a while, there is like a reset of the page (all the filled fields become empty)

In my flow I see that the debug after the dropdown selection is not executed

And if you look in the browsers console log what do you see?

Thats why I asked you to

But you did not. (you posted only payload, not the FULL msg)

So first you "I see that the debug after the dropdown selection is not executed" - so how does the SQL node get triggered?

Also, please can you please read my questions properly & answer them otherwise I cant give accurate advice.

1. That debug picture does NOT show all parts of the msg expanded.
  2. Do you see any errors in the browsers console?

The query is performed, I see the query result in the dropdown node list. As I told, when I select one option from this list, the error Connetion lost is shown (in the /ui).

1. Debug node result After SQL query:
    3/5/2022, 14:53:48node: After Request SQL

msg : Object

object

payload: array[1]

socketid: "xS62RHKdfqU2olmuAAAB"

_msgid: "d6b701d230bc5d7c"

query: string

SELECT [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO].ID as ID_Scad, [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].CODIFICA FROM [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO] INNER JOIN [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature] ON [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO].ID_STRUM = [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].ID WHERE [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].CODIFICA = (@CODIFICA) and STATO IS NULL

queryMode: "query"

queryParams: array[1]

0: object

output: false

name: "CODIFICA"

type: object

type: function

length: undefined

value: "prova"

options: object

nullable: true

primary: false

identity: false

readOnly: false

sqlInfo: array[0]

1. No

@QGIO I cannot see what is in the payload - can you? I cant help if you dont provide information

Either expand all properties and send a screen shot OR better still, use the Copy Value button

And ALWAYS post code/flow/data in a code block
```
like this
```

Lasty...

1. Do you see any errors in the browsers console? PLEASE ANSWER THIS

Here the Value (I used copy value now)

{"payload":[{"ID_Scad":81,"CODIFICA":"prova"}],"socketid":"xS62RHKdfqU2olmuAAAB","_msgid":"d6b701d230bc5d7c","query":"SELECT [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO].ID as ID_Scad, [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].CODIFICA\nFROM [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO]\nINNER JOIN  [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature]\nON [dbo].[SCADENZIARIO].ID_STRUM = [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].ID\nWHERE [dbo].[StrumentazioneAttrezzature].CODIFICA = (@CODIFICA) and STATO IS NULL","queryMode":"query","queryParams":[{"output":false,"name":"CODIFICA","type":{},"value":"prova","options":{"nullable":true,"primary":false,"identity":false,"readOnly":false}}],"sqlInfo":[]}

I have aswered in the previus post (point 2), in any case the answer is No.

ok, so using the value you posted, I could simulate your flow.

I changed the SQL node to a function containing your data - I can confirm there is nothing wrong with the flow you posted earlier.

chrome_xMuht6e5al

So we have come full cirle back to my original comment...

Coming back to where you said "In my flow I see that the debug after the dropdown selection is not executed" I suspect it IS happening but something else happens.

Can you share more of the flow?