Cronplus Sunset

Here's what I get:

Cronplus 01

I tried taking the time-zone out, leaving just the location as you have; same problem it's skipping over the sunset time showing the next as Schedule 1 at 8:30PM; saying sunset for the next day.

Have we checked that you are using the latest version of cron plus, and a current version of nodejs?

I just downloaded it a week ago; I presume it's the latest; how would I check otherwise?

I didn't see any versioning in the "help' information.

Look in Manage Palette. Current is 2.1.0 (it will offer to upgrade if there is a later version).

You can see the nodejs version in the system info popup that you were using earlier. Ideally it should be 18 or 20, but 14 or 16 should be ok.

Looks up to date:
cronplus version

BTW: I want to thank you guys about educating me on some of the inner workings of Node-Red (System Information, node versioning).; it's all great.

Looks like we have a real puzzle here with cronplus.

1 Like

And nodejs?

You may remember a few weeks ago at your advisement I updated Node.js and Node.Red.

Indeed. Unless this is related to your NodeJs version, very puzzling. Your node-red server appears to be correctly set.

For completeness (and for me to debug later) please state exactly which version of node JS your node-red is running on (again, available in the system info)

I'm bowing out here for the evening. Will keep an eye out as Colin is very good at diagnosing issues and he may spot something I've missed.

From System Information:

},
"nodejs": {
"version": "v18.14.2",
"arch": "x64",
"platform": "win32",

That should be ok. I have to bow out for the evening too. I don't know what else to suggest at the moment.

Well, I'll standby and keep checking this thread; hopefully you guys can turn-up something.
It's been an education :smiley:

What OS and hardware are you running? Perhaps that is a factor.

Window 10, Asus & HP PC's.
BTW: I corrected the sunset by using a -1440 offset; now it shows the correct sunset time. I know it's not a fix, more of a test.

UPDATE: I just tried running the browser on the PC running the server; with the -1440 offset it also displays the now corrected sunset time. So both PC's are responding the same.

Do you have a Pi or other linux system you could run the flow on?

I ran the flow on my Android cellphone and got the same results.

I also just ran it in a different browser (Chrome, was using Firefox), and got the same results.

BTW: I would also remind you that for exactly the same UTM the suncalc does not have any issues.

I assume the cronplus works correctly for you guys?

Did you install node-red on the phone?
If you mean you opened the page in the browser, with node-red running on the Windows machine, then you are not running the flow on the phone, you are running it in Windows machine and looking at it from the phone.

I was using the same server; I just wanted to see what it would do with the browser running on a different OS; I don't have any other OS PC to install the software.

BTW:
I also discovered something very interesting about cronplus that indicates it has a flaw. Before I experimented with using the offset to correct the sunset time, I simply tried adjusting the UTM; giving UTM coordinates that corrected the sunset time. For my location that meant selecting a spot out in the Atlantic.
It worked, but I corrected too far; as I inched back closer to the East coast it got better. Then, all of a sudden it skipped over the sunset schedule, to the 8:30PM fixed schedule again. No matter how carefully I inched closed to the correct time, it would just jump over the sunset schedule all of a sudden; this should not have happened. This suggests there's a flaw in the way it's handling UTM; depending on where you are it may work.