I am working on a custom node and have been able to get this to work correctly in a function node on a flow. I have been able to make multiple copies of the function and change variables etc and all works fine as you would expect.
I have now worked on the html, js and package files for the node and when I test this there is unexpected/unpredictable behaviour. In most cases the first node on the flow works fine but when I add a second node of the same type this does not work and sometimes node red stops. I know that function nodes are a “special” case in a flow but I am trying to work out if the problem is in the code for the node or what the difference is between a working function node and creating a node for the pallette