Dashboard 2 Beta development

Thanks some times its just easyier then i can think of.

For anyone new:
Change your settings.js

httpStatic: path.join(__dirname,"public"),

And then here is example code

<template>
    <div>
        <v-img
        :width="300"
        aspect-ratio="16/9"
        cover
        src="/images/logo.svg"
        >              
        </v-img>
    </div>
</template>
1 Like

An example of using colored svg as icon for button where every button can have background color adjusted to match some color of icon.

Here's the result:

Borrow the icons from iconify and save as "surf.svg" and "dusk-city.svg" to your shared folder.
the surf icon
dusk city icon

CSS for page

/*for all icons define icon url and matching button 
background color as css variables.*/
.surf_icon{
    --icon_src: url("/surf.svg");
    --button_background:#4289c1;
}
.dusk_city_icon{
    --icon_src: url("/dusk-city.svg");
    --button_background:#f4900c;
}

/*change the color of the button to match color of icon. optional*/
.icon_button button{
    background-color: var(--button_background);
}
/*make the text to support multiline, change the layout to grid with 2 columns*/
.icon_button .v-btn__content{    
    white-space: normal;
    text-wrap:pretty;
    width:100%;
    gap:0.25em;
    display: grid;
    grid-template-columns: calc(var(--v-btn-height)) 1fr;
}
/*add the icon to the button using pseudoelement :: before*/
.icon_button .v-btn__content::before{
    content:"";
    background-image: var(--icon_src);
    min-height:calc(var(--v-btn-height));
    min-width:calc(var(--v-btn-height));
}

Make sure your css is targeted properly:

And for buttons use defined classes: for surf button icon_button surf_icon and for dusk button icon_button dusk_city_icon

Looks like this:

Make sure you have fun.

6 Likes

Hope this helps @diegodamaceno: UI Template Examples | Node-RED Dashboard 2.0

It's a small collection (that can grow as we get more requests - and community PRs :wink:) of CSS examples to help customise beyond the variables available in the ui-theme configuration.

Yes... I send on and off and the button emits on and off... the noa input can go straight through, but you must toggle the button and it, yes, sends the message. The problem is that if the botoa is on and I refresh the page, it loses the variable data and the botoa returns to the creation configuration.

Successes gentlemen. We continue moving forward and in a short time I will be able to offer to customers...

1 Like

Take a look at this video I made for this. See if I can help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ittqAMx6RL0&pp=ygUTaW1hZ2VucyBubyBub2RlLXJlZA%3D%3D

1 Like

I see that there are new sizing options available, nice.

Now if only these massive line-heights/padding/height could also be adjusted that would be nice:

Come to think of it - the group setting should actually be done within the group setting and not in the overal theme, ie. each group can have its own color.

Iteration - one step at a time :slight_smile:

1 Like

They can - the bit you've highlighted is the "Widget Gap" option. The line height is prescribed by Vuetify, and is a little trickier to override, but I'm working on making it more accessible to general override - it was much trickier than the others

It's time close this thread I think? With celebrations of official release. :tada:

3 Likes

Very nice @hotNipi it opens the door for some great opportunities :+1:

Unfortunately I haven't quite got my head around the way DB2 nodes expand to fill space rather than their allocated size of (in this case) 2x1

butts

Wow. How did you get this? Maybe start from clean browser cache and then have you any other CSS manipulation ongoing?

1 Like

Yes, that was it!

butts

Dashboard 2 is now generally available, so closing this topic, and lets move the conversation to Dashboard 2.0 is now Generally Available

1 Like