Detect a deploy

hello,
is there a method to detect (trigger a node or change a variable, etc) whenever the deploy is pressed?
i am using "modified nodes" option, but i'd like to work with that event in a different node.

Look at the options in the `injects node

I think that @biros means that he wants to trigger a message any time that any Deploy occurs, not just when the Inject node is deployed.

Thanks @Colin, that's exactly what I'd like to do. The inject node's "Inject once" feature does not cover the scenario when only the modified node(s) are deployed (and that inject node was already deployed in a previous cycle).

I have to ask why you want to do that.

node-red-contrib-generic-ble starts scanning every time I deploy something, even if the deployed nodes have nothing to do with it. The scan stops after a few minutes, but I'd like to inject a "stop scan" command right after something is deployed, to stop the scanning before a 3 seconds mark (energy efficiency and other radio related "issues").

So you are trying to work around an apparent bug in the ble node. Have you reported it?
Sorry, I don't know how to do what you want.

1 Like

yes, thats what i'm trying to do, didn't approached the thing as a bug, just wanted to do something with it.
no probs, thanks anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.