Email In > Screenshot of email > Discord message?

Is there any way to do this ?

Why a screenshot? Why not just output the info you want as text?

Often have images, sometimes over 2000 words, the way it's formated in page matters, different email templates. A screenshot solves all this in 1 go, i think.

OK, fair enough, though email formatting rarely translates across email clients in my experience.

Which takes us to the next issue. If you need a specific view, then you possible need to work within a specific application?

Basically, I think you have 2 options here:

1. If you can access the email via a browser, you could automate a browser session - there is at least 1 node for that.
  2. If you need to use a client app, you could automate at the OS level doing a capture of either the screen or specific window as appropriate.

For #1 you could use Node-RED certainly.

For #2, you will need some additional tooling for automating capture of screenshots. On Windows for example, you could probably use something like AutoHotKey. You could possibly drive this from Node-RED but probably easier would be to use AHK's global hot keys to make it easy to capture the appropriate window when a user triggers the hot key and where AHK's script captures the window and sends the resulting image to Node-RED via a call to a web endpoint set up using an http-in/out node combination.

You can use Node-RED as the glue to put it all together, there are several nodes for Discord.

This is what i was thinking about before you posted.

" Most things that you can do manually in the browser can be done using Puppeteer! Here are a few examples to get you started:

• Generate screenshots and PDFs of pages.
  • Crawl a SPA (Single-Page Application) and generate pre-rendered content (i.e. "SSR" (Server-Side Rendering)).
  • Automate form submission, UI testing, keyboard input, etc."
    I'm also a complete noob, please don't facepalm.

Yes, that is option #1 and requires that you can access your emails via a web page.

Managed to do a screenshot of email by using Outlook + Rules (prine every incoming mail) > clawPDF (wich has automatic saving to jpg/png and auto naming [profile settings]).
So using a Watch node from the storage tab i have to watch all the new files that are created and then i have to send them 1 by 1 to discord channel.

I have no idea how to do that.

Naming scheme : DATE PM(X).png

clawPDF can also send the images trough FTP

Actually, you can probably email direct to a Discord? Certainly it supports webhooks as well. There are also integrations via Zapier so I assume IFTTT as well. So lots of choice.

They are slow (every 15 minutes) , can't screnshot emails, can't send the embeded pictures and have limited actions per free acount (1000).
I've tried them first but got stuck on the limitations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.