Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, rename

Hi,
I have a node red application

Node-RED version: v1.1.3
Node.js version: v12.18.3

move (fs-ops-move node) the file from folder_A to folder_B after 1 minute by setting the repetition in the inject node:

I put 27,000 files in folder_A, after the file move is completed, there are 4 files that cannot be moved to folder_B with the following error information:

Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, rename "Z:\data\folder_A\file_2943.zip" -> "Z:\data\folder_B\file_2943.zip"
Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, rename "Z:\data\folder_A\file_1546.zip" -> "Z:\data\folder_B\file_1546.zip"
Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, rename "Z:\data\folder_A\file_0220.zip" -> "Z:\data\folder_B\file_0220.zip"
Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, rename "Z:\data\folder_A\file_9036.zip" -> "Z:\data\folder_B\file_9036.zip"

I have searched google for this error and it seems to be due to one of the following reasons:
â‘ Because the file is opening :arrow_right: Before executing the file is not open
②Because of virus software :arrow_right: I only use Windows Defender
③Because of npm's cache error :arrow_right: I'm not sure

Has anyone encountered this error? Can you tell me exactly what could be the cause?
Thank in advance!

I don't have much idea what the problem may be, but a couple of questions to clarify what the problem is.

1. If you repeat the exercise is it always the same files?
  2. If you run it again without restoring all files does it move the remaining four ok?
  3. If the answer to 2 is that you get the same problem again then can you move them from the command line?
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.