Error to Install Node Home Assistant

HI,

I'm trying to install node-red-contrib-home-assistant and it has the following error:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo npm install node-red-contrib-home-assistant
npm ERR! code 128
npm ERR! Command failed: /usr/bin/git clone --depth=1 -q -b 0.18.2 git://github.com/node-red/node-red.git /root/.npm /_cacache/tmp/git-clone-d1cbe3f3
npm ERR! fatal: could not create leading directories of '/root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-d1cbe3f3': Permission den ied
npm ERR!

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2018-07-08T03_44_46_545Z-debug.log

Anyone have any idea what might be happening?

0 Likes

I not use Hass.io.

My HA is running in raspbian.

0 Likes

Please find the node on flows.nodered.org and follow the instructions to install

0 Likes

I followed the steps in the link but it did not work.
Give the error I posted here.

0 Likes

Really?
Your original post shows you are logged in as the user pi.
If you followed the command as per the readme, it shouldn't be trying to write to /root/.npm

Please post the commands and responses here

0 Likes

I already tried to install directly by the node red and also by the terminal.
But both are failing.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo npm install node-red-contrib-home-assistant
npm ERR! code 128
npm ERR! Command failed: /usr/bin/git clone --depth=1 -q -b 0.18.2 git://github.com/node-red/node-red.git /root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-e7cad51d
npm ERR! fatal: could not create leading directories of '/root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-e7cad51d': Permission denied
npm ERR!

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2018-07-08T17_22_54_070Z-debug.log

0 Likes

No that's the same command you ran first time, and isn't the list of commands as per the ReadMe.

0 Likes

it also doesn't look like you are in the .node-red directory when you issue the NPM command. When you loginto the pi you should issue a cd .node-red and then the npm command

0 Likes

and the command to use (not the one listed above -twice) and to cd .node-red is listed in the ReadMeā€¦

0 Likes