Execute dos command in node-red

With the suggested modification I still get the same error message. IMPL has it own path in C:\IMPL

As said, I dont know if you need escaped double backslashes or forward slashes

Try it like this

note the double backslashes also in the fact part.

Double quotes?

Maybe this article is helpful?

When you run it in a terminal do you actually type C:\IMPL> impl -fact=....? I think it more likely that the C:\IMPL> is there already and you just type the command. You shouldn't have the C:\IMPL> specified in the exec node. So I think what you need may be (I am sure I have seen it here that you can use forward slashes)
c:/IMPL/impl -fact=c:/IMPL/HeatExchanger/.....
Are you sure about the =filter=quality bit? I would have expected that to be -filter=quality

I have tried double quotes, it didn't work.

Yes =filter=quality is correct.
Here is what I get

It might be caused by the command itself in the command field.

If you set the command to c:\\IMPL\\impl and remove (cut) the rest. Check the "append msg.payload" checkbox.
Change the inject node to string and paste the parameters.

You mean pasting the rest of the command in the parameters i.e., -fact=C:\\IMPL\\HeatExchanger\\MassBalancing =filter=quality -fork=secqpe_y12m?

the actual command is impl -fact=C:\IMPL\HeatExchanger\MassBalancing =filter=quality -fork=secqpe_y12m
I execute this command through IMPL directory i.e., C:\IMPL>

I did follow your suggestion but I get the same error message.

Change the debug node and check the "system console" checkbox.
Click the inject button and check the node-red log (on windows you may need to stop node-red and start it from command line so you will see the output in the cmd window, click the inject button and check the full output).

How can I do that?

check the node-red log (on windows you may need to stop node-red and start it from command line so you will see the output in the cmd window, click the inject button and check the full output

I get the same result as to what was in node-red workspace

Well no: missing settings file

Debug in the browser shows a limited number of characters, on the commandline you see the full output.

I am a bit lost here. there is error message that says "ERROR - Missing settings file." in the output of window's cmd.

I want to debug this { code: 1, message: 'Command failed: C:\\IMPL\\impl -fact=C:\\IMPL\\HeatExchanger\\MassBalancing =filter=quality -fork=secqpe_y12m\n' + '1\r\n' } if it pass this then I can run the model I have in IMPL

You receive code: 1 because there is an error: ERROR - Missing settings file

Try this flow

[{"id":"a7a164f8.922c6","type":"inject","z":"60c87e10.fd2978","name":"","topic":"","payload":"-fact=C:\\\\IMPL\\\\HeatExchanger\\\\MassBalancing =filter=quality -fork=secqpe_y12m","payloadType":"str","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":158,"y":936,"wires":[["801c90b9.314e88"]]},{"id":"801c90b9.314e88","type":"exec","z":"60c87e10.fd2978","command":"c:\\\\IMPL\\\\impl","addpay":true,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"","x":390,"y":936,"wires":[["5af06f3e.b82428"],["818cf7.a9159b08"],["405094fc.36de94"]]},{"id":"5af06f3e.b82428","type":"debug","z":"60c87e10.fd2978","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":626,"y":888,"wires":[]},{"id":"818cf7.a9159b08","type":"debug","z":"60c87e10.fd2978","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":626,"y":960,"wires":[]},{"id":"405094fc.36de94","type":"debug","z":"60c87e10.fd2978","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":626,"y":1032,"wires":[]}]

Same error ?

Yes, I removed the rest of the command -fact=C:\\\\IMPL\\\\HeatExchanger\\\\MassBalancing =filter=quality -fork=secqpe_y12m from the extra input parameters tab in the exec node and past it in payload tab of the inject node that is defined as string.

Is that how you want me to configure the flow. The error is still the same -- "Missing setting file".

It sounds like some kind environment settings. Is there a help option on the impl command ? (like impl -? or impl /?)

Unfortunately, there isn't help documentation for IMPL. Its is a software which is mainly used for production optimization it is all based on CSV files i.e., notepad++

Have you tried it with all single forward slashes as I previously suggested?

Yes, I have tried it with single forward slashes. Actually both the back and forward slashes show the same output, see below.