Execute dos command in node-red

Well at least that gets rid of the possible confusion with the slashes. Is the problem possibly that you are not running it from the c:/impl directory? I you run it from the command line but not from c:/impl and with the full path to the command does it work. Possibly it expects the missing file to be in the current directory.

1 Like

The command appears to run successfully, except that it cannot find the setting file.
@Munier are you sure there is no environment set for this software ? I think it is the set command, to see all the configured paths and environment variables on windows.

I'll throw in a curve ball here.

Though I dismissed them before, how about a .bat file?

Put this file somewhere in a SIMPLE path that is easy for the O/S to find.

Of course the .bat file will need to also have all the paths in it, but that is handled by the O/S and so shouldn't be a problem as it seems there is now.

Just a thought.

What is shown in the workspace of node-red is successful execution of IMPL command i.e., c:/IMPL the issues is that the exec can't read the model files configured in IMPL. MassBalancing is where the code configured for the model is. it has .iml extension which executable in window cmd for IMPL directory. I will try to add the extension and see.

When you said environment set are you referring to this.

This part is where the exec node fails.

I have tried your approach and it is the same output

Rather than putting that command into the exec node:

Put the command in a very easily accessible .bat file which will do the command, and do the .bat file in the exec node.

This is the same as the exec node.

@munier, open a cmd window and type set, what is the output - would be useful if you include the commands you are executing (as we only see output).

The command I execute for IMPL model is from IMPL executable (console).

(I think all that is requested is you type the commands you are entering. Not a screen shot.)

And of course it raises the question why there are fifty posts to determine there is more than one command being used.

This thread is gold.