Facing problem in installing -node-arduino

Was that in a command prompt with Admin privileges?
Did it run to completion without error?

If so can you uninstall it
npm -g remove windows-build-tools
then reinstall using
npm install --global --production --add-python-to-path windows-build-tools

1 Like

I have no idea what is happening here but here is the situation;

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it using command npm install --global --production windows-build-tools

1. node-red-node-arduino installed successfully
  2. node-red-node-serialport installed successfully
  3. node-red-node-serialport-wildcard could not be installed. Same error as before.

My issue is resolved. I will be able to interface Arduino with node-red and will look into the issue later.

Thank You for such quick help. Really Appreciate.

You ran that one, not the one with the python path setting?

If so then if I understand correctly that is the same one you ran the first time. Is it possible that either you didn't let it run to completion (it can take a long time I believe) or that it failed in some way but you didn't notice the error message? If you ran it without admin privilege then I believe it would fail with an error.

Exactly which error?

Were you able to install the arduino node?

Yes I have installed arduino node but now I am facing another issue. Arduino is reading data perfectly from DHT-22 sensor but Nothing shows in the node-red dashboard or the debug window.

Can you confirm which command you ran please? The one with the python path setting or the one without. Also please answer the other questions I asked about what might have gone wrong the first time, if possible. Others have had similar problems and I want to understand what happened if at all possible, in order to help others when it happens again. Thanks.

For the DHT-22 issue it is probably best to start another thread as that is about using the node rather than installing it.

I tried both commands to reinstall build tools but in both cases, it gets stuck as shown in the screenshot attached.

It has not completed, that is why you had the problems. It can take a long time, even hours on a slow network or low powered machine.

1 Like

@cymplecy has been carrying out experiments in another thread in order that we can understand what may be going on, and can update the docs as some of the Windows tools have changed.

When nodejs is installed it now comes up with dialog and a checkbox that can be selected to automatically install the tools as seen in post #8 of that thread. Do you remember seeing that and whether you selected it?

Just confirming that it works for me

I've connected an Arduino UNO and uploaded Standard Firmata to it and and I can control the LED (Pin13)

And I can read state of analog pin 0

1 Like

Yea that light blink experiment did not work for me either.