Filter incoming MQTT messages with same topic

Agreed, however for some reason it does not seem to happen in this case as can be seen by the topic.

That is not correct. The Switch node passes on the full message to the output that matches the specification. Did you try it? If you want to split your messages down different paths dependent on the model you can add extra lines to the Switch specification so that the different models are sent to different outputs.

1 Like

It would be best to use a switch node first to change the msg.topic to rtl_433/<id>/<model>.

The reason being that although I use the id to identify a device, they do have a habit of changing the id after a battery change. Also, I am unsure as to whether the id is unique (I suspect not).

You can then use a switch node. Using model only as a switch is a bit fraught as there may be other users of that model in the vicinity.

For those wondering about the use of rtl_433 as a message topic, there are other options in the rtl_433 output but this is the one that gives the best information

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.