Flow fails to load result page after Ajax form submit

I have a flow that is a simple HTML page that allows one to select a file then submits it to another flow the second flow starts with an "HTTP Node In" then passes it to a "function node that makes a web service request (externally) does some processing and returns a result which I display in a subsequent HTML page using a "template node" (results page) and of course the last node in the second flow is an "HTTP response node"

This works perfectly if I use a basic HTML select form with a submit button on the first flow.

If however If I update the first flow and use an ajax submit to the "HTTP Node In" the second flow never displays the final results page. I see that I get the back proper results via a debug node. The actual results are identical in both cases but in the second case using Ajax I cannot get the results page "template node" to display. placing a debug node on each node on the second flow shows identical results for both cases. How can I force the "template node" (result page to display) replacing the file upload page of the first flow when doing an ajax submit.

Have you set the debug to see the complete msg ? Are there other properties that may be missing ?

@dceejay
Have you set the debug to see the complete msg ?

As I listed on my op "placing a debug node on each node on the second flow shows identical results for both cases" I even get the full msg object with the proper data after the "Template node" and before the "HTTP response node" yet the template node does not load. so I know that data is being passed to the "HTTP response" node but the original post form submit page is all I see.

Are there other properties that may be missing?
it works perfectly with a standard form submit (no ajax submit function) on the first flow's page. also when I do a "msg.req.files" on the debug node the whole file is properly passed to the second flow after the "HTTP in" node.

Is there a standard way to programmatically force the template page to load and continue passing the msg.object? Maybe I can do this by placing another function node prior to the template node. Needless to say, this would be a programmatic hack and does not explain why using an ajax call to submit the form vs a simple form click does not redirect to the template page 3 nodes later on a separate flow.

@dceejay
I found a similar flow online that exhibits the same behavior. This is a dropzone file upload and although mine is a bit more complex this one exhibits the identical problem. I added it to Pastebin not to spam this forum.

Flow in Pastbin