Flows Disappeared

And in the meantime i hope you have backed up each of your other PIs ?

Bad things come in 3's

Crag

HI @craigcurtin - I sure did !!!!

There's another thread running at moment about OLED's not working with recent Node-RED/node/npm versions so you may have run into that (or similar) problem :frowning:

Hey @cymplecy, I have fixed my OLED issue .... was a typo in my function converting and preparing the text to be displayed ( paload ..... (y) missing in cation )

msg.pa**y**load = {
    x:10,
    y:20,
    text:msg.payload
}
return msg;

Yea,,, head slap !!!

But thank you anyway for the suggestion, will keep in mind for future issues

I Just would like this opportunity to thank everyone here in NR for great support and assistance ,

Although i did not manage to recover my backups, i, unfortunately, had to rebuild everything, i did manage to work from a backup that was few days old and can say with joy that everything is back as it was and my whole system LoRaWAN authentication access control system is working like a charm and completed.

much of appreciation and especially thanks to @Steve-Mcl and @knolleary for being super starts in assisting this Rookeey / dummy !!

1 Like

Good that you are now back working, it's often a steep learning curve (I'm still climbing!!).
As your issue is no longer critical, I've removed it from the forum title.

All the best Peter.

PS
I HIGHLY recommend this simple (as long as you've got a dropbox account that is) for daily backing up - only been using it for a few days but its looks like a very simple backup solution

PS the nights it missed off were nights I was updating NR and forgot to restart it!

1 Like

Nuts... I created my own drop box thingie almost immediately... never once did I stop to ask if someone might have done it already... what a numbskull. Just for discussion, I first used a simple CMD script on a Windows 10 PC, pscp (part of putty) to pull the entire .node-red directory from each Pi. This works well, if rather simplistic.

Since then, I have finished reworking my mausoleum Pi from an old 2 model B Pi to a new Pi4 with USB 3.0... it has a couple of giant USB disks, I archive everything to as a lazy mirror of each other. This Pi also is my core media server, Samba server, etc., when not archiving at night. Just need to finish a couple of flows to retire the CMD file, and all set. Oh, I use NTFS on the USB disks, so if I have to, I can grab one of the disks and run, and have easy access to all data. Pays to have a quick DR (Disaster Recovery) solution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.