Flows restart after restart of Node Red but not after a reboot of the pi

Okay, I thought the previous commenter had meant it was supposed to be on. Either way, I did get this one figured out. Thanks all for the help.

I believe I did say it was optional. Note that if you upgrade node-red using the script then it will overwrite your changes.

I have to point out again that really you are using a sticking plaster to cover up the fundamental fault here. Ideally you should work out exactly what is not working by sprinkling debug nodes liberally about to see where the fault originates and then submit an issue against the relevant node. That way you are contributing something back to the community as hopefully it will be fixed so others will not fall over it.

I didn't throw you under the bus :slight_smile: I said that was how I understood it. This whole Node Red system does seem to be a house of cards. Every custom driver I've tried has been buggy. The Xbox pallet generates json errors even though it usually works and the interface didn't work to set the IP address and pass it to the functions. I had to hardcode some changes into the code to get it to use the variables. I did submit an issue on that long with what wasn't working and what I found, nobody ever responded to that. I also ran into bugs in the alexa cakebacked pallet in a function that was setup to send in a string when it needed a number value and I finally figured out how to pass it in using a number in the injected value and skip using the attribute screen. I posted about that in the alexa forum and generated a long thread as well with someone else telling me I'm not submitting things where they would be read by the author..... Anyway, It's all working now and I'm pretty sure I did find the correct solution in that I uncommented that line to get it to use the time sync. There wasn't anything wrong with any of the nodes they all initialize immediately now on the reboot. Don't forget, not everyone coming here for help are guru's who know the ins and outs of all this stuff. I just picked up one of these rasberry pi's last month and first I ever heard of Node Red was when I saw it on the pi drop downs and recalled I saw a random youtube video from someone who used it to control their alexa devices. Since then the last couple weeks I've been poking around using it to control some things I couldn't do directly in Hubitat such as turning on/off an LG tv via a harmony hub, setting some alexa routines and turning on/off the xbox. I also tried a Dyson pallet for controlling a heat/cool fan but that just generated errors in the NR log and kept crashing it so I had to uninstall that. The only pallet I've used that actually has worked without me having to fix it or uninstall it is Hubitat. But I got enough working for what I needed for now.

I know enough to dig in and fix somethings and eventually get some stuff working, but not an expert linux/pi user. Thanks for the help, it did get me where I needed.

Well you have been very unlucky finding all those problems. I have been using node-red for several years and have very rarely had such problems.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.