Get status under a node

20190105_013630

How can I get the status "socket hang up" or "ready" then preform a check if its meeting my criteria.

I can't attached a debug because their isn't a output.

Use a status node (in the input section of the palette. In its config, you can set to "selected nodes" then pick the one you need as a source.

1 Like

@JayDickson

Thanks !

Do you know how I only can filter object.status.text to be as msg.payload.
I just want to check if status is "socket hang up" then send a email.

Add a change node to the flow. Configure it to set msg.payload to msg.status.text.

@JayDickson Thank you for your support.

I couldn't get the Change to work for me so I tried with succession.

Maybe I am using Change wrong?

20190105_023755

That's backward of what you need for the change node config. Your function is doing basically the same thing, though, so you should be fine. You could also do a node.send({"payload":msg.status.text}); as a single line function to strip out all other properties and start fresh after the function node (can be useful if a flow is sending lots of no longer useful data in each message.)

1 Like

Wow that's even better Thanks!

Hi Jay

I only have one kind of status node - (and I don't seem to have an input section of the pallet) - The status node is in the 'common' section. I had already tried what you suggested but I get no output at all. I must be missing something?

@Peter_Truman please post only in one thread. Since this thread is over a year old, I'll close it.