Graphic building map

Ok, Solved. The problem was I installed svg palette before then node-red dashboard. I just re-installed svg component and now it works... Sorry...

1 Like

Have fun testing but if you install dev branch it is much improved and closer to final.

Please note, things have changed and may change further.

Hey Mike,
a bit late but good that you and Steve has solved it.
Like Steve says keep in mind that our next beta version is a major rewrite, so lots of things will change!!

Bart/Steve

Thanks for the awesome work!! I have been watching with interest and have installed the first version.
This has awesome potential, cant wait for the next release
Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Sorry... I am trying to put an animation but I don't understand why I see the animation at 0x and 0y...
instead 500x 300y

<circle id="mycircle" 500 r="5" 300>
   <animate id="myanimation" attributeName="r" begin="0s" dur="3s" repeatCount="1" from="10" to="40"/>
</circle>

I also tryed using the animations tab but I am not able to understand where to fit the coordinates...

Can you help me to understand what I am doing wrong?

Shouldn't that be <circle cx="500" cy="300" r="40" ...>
If you don't specify cx and cy, then your browser will render the shape at 0,0 I assume ...

If SVG were to parse this the way HTML works this line is the shortened version for <circle id="mycircle" 500="true" r="5" 300="true">
However, SVG is supposed to parse it as XML, and following the XML protocol shorthand attributes are invalid syntax so it's unsure what happens. It appears to at least successfully parse it, but it still does the wrong thing. Make sure to set them as values to attributes, rather than as attribute-key as might happen depending on the parser behind it.

Hi Bart, you're right... sorry...

I am trying to learning how to change the attribute value reading "changing attributes value" from here https://github.com/bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-ui-svg
I am not able to understand where to fit the code... Can I ask you a sample clipboard to load in my node-red?

Hi you'd be better off (if you haven't already) installing the dev branch as this is an area that has changed lots. If you do that I can send you an example of how to animate attributes via msg.

Great!!! Thank you so much

No problem. Since we consider it normal that most users don't know the SVG syntax, our next beta will have some extra tools to simplify this process.

The input and output messages format has been changed completely in the next beta (i.e. the DEV branch Steve is referring to). In my opinion it would be better if you wait a bit, because the DEV branch isn't completed yet and you will most probably have more questions after using it. And I think it is better that we write some nice documentation on our readme page on Github, before people start testing it. But that is my personal opinion ...

1 Like

Hi Guys, in your opinion, is it possible to create a trigger event that open a rtsp video flow popup?

I'd like to send to Chrome browser the command: open a popup that show the camera video flow: rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.8.111:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

The origin of all this is to do just that. We will provide samples when we release. But to answer your question, yes, it should most definitely be possible.

@mike829 , quick tip: even if the ip camera is only visible on your own network, change the default password. Admin/admin is one of the most common logins for any brand ipcam. So is admin/12345 and a few similar ones. Thing is, these are all documented and well known so if anyone either gains access to your network or that camera is (accidentally) shared with the outside world you must consider any live and/or recorded footage compromised.

2 Likes

My question is about how to edit the "events" that on click open the vlc/chrome popup in rtsp video mode. Have I to use the http palette on the output?

Hi Mike,
As Steve already mentioned, we already had planned to add this to our documentation on our Github page. That is why I asked to have a bit of patience, to wait for our next beta release! In that beta release we have already added support for this kind of stuff!

Browsers don't have native rtsp support, so you will have to convert the RTSP stream to another format. But you can find other discussions on this forum that talk about that. But not an easy one currently!

As explained above you will have to wait until our next beta release is ready. If the documentation is then not clear, you can ask your questions and we will extend our documentation.

But we have a full time work, a wife, children, house, garden, other hobbies ... So our time is limited to work on the beta release.

Hi Mike to add to what Bart has said, we are just as keen to get this released but we have a few thing to iron out.

By all means feel free to explore our repository, download, try it out, raise issues and suggestions.

For now though, please hang in a little while, the beta shouldn't be too long away.

Ok guys, thank you. I was just playing around it... Anyway I will stress you when new release will be available....
Congratulation for your work, it is amazing.

2 Likes

Please keep on playing, and writing down on a paper your ideas/questions/suggestions. But keep in mind that you might have to redo your stuff in our new beta version (since we haven't added any migration code in this early beta phase)!!

Another note on your popup idea. You could indeed - when you click on a camera icon - show a popup with the camera video footage (as we will explain later!!!), but I wanted originally to go one step further: I'm also developing a node-red-contrib-ui-camera-viewer node (with ptz control and so on ...), to simplify displaying camera footage in the Node-RED dashboard. So I wanted to show that same widget in a popup. However unfortunately that seems not to be possible :woozy_face:, as you can read here. Case closed...

Correction of my previous post. Case not closed yet!
The dashboard cannot show my node-red-contrib-ui-camera-viewer node in a popup, but most probably I can redesign my camera viewer node to show its content in a popup (if a 'popup' mode is somehow triggered). Similar to what we (= Steve and I) currently do in the new upcoming node-red-contrib-ui-contextmenu node, to support popup menus for our svg node.

But that is my next project ... First we need to get the svg node up and running.