HA entity msg.payload options?

Here is my basic question: How do I find the payload options an entity will receive in home assistant?

As I stated above, I am using home assistant to control all of my devices and have the node red add-on installed for advanced automations. Through trial and error, and using "get current state" debug info, I was able to figure out I can send these payloads for lights:
msg.payload.service = turn_on
msg.payload.data.transition = "input seconds to turn on"
msg.payload.data.rgb_color = [255,0,0]
msg.payload.data.brightness = 0-255
...etc

How would I have known these before hand? Ultimately I am looking for garage door ("covers") payload options but, is there a list of msg.payloads somewhere for all the various entities? Tried searching and found pretty much nothing.

I am able to open my garage through home assistant and apple homekit (using HA's homebridge). I have tried various payload messages and all failed. My issue is, how do I have node red tell my garage door to open? And that led me to my main question, how do I find the payload options for "fill in the blank" entities?

Thank you for any direction.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.